12 October 2005

Good news everyone!

Short version:
The long awaited Playstation2-Slim has made it to my livingroom.

Long version with a longwinded sofa-story introduction:
Those who have bothered reading my older posts ... screw that, nobody has. Anywho, I've been on a mission to get my very first game consol, more spesifically one of them tiny Playstations. But destiny wanted it different.

Yesterday I ran off early from work to go couch-surfing. This time the domestic type, not the can't-afford-a-hostel kind which I'm used to from my globetrotting days. So I picked up my better half and got stuck in traffic. Lesson learned: Never try to rush anywhere in rush-hour, especially not when two trucks have crashed in the main tunnel through the city. Eventually we made it to warehouse no.1, spent some time trying out the couches. Obviously I had to like the way to expensive ones the most. Got the fuck out of there and went to warehouse no.2 where I found some very simular couches, but better. Note to self: make a proper post about this later.

But we didn't buy any there and then. But I had a hidden agenda checking the second warehouse, I knew a certain shop was nextdoor. As I walked in it was even more empty than last time, except fugly 500 Sony flatscreens on sale. Those were not the Sonys I was interested in, and after a quick overview of the empty shelves were my new toy should've been I simply asked the sleepy over-educated clerk. He swang his magic wand - no, not that wand you perv! - and whoopdidoo, I got the last-in-store, brand new PS2, quitly saluted ok'd by my gf. And offcourse the most talked about, discussed, hated, loved etc game: Grand Theft Auto.

Somehow I managed not to unwrap it until 10 sec's before my [irony]stricly enforced[/irony] nappytime. Which got me all excited, and now I just can't wait to get home, pretend I'm in my new sofa, spark up some of that shit that goes so well with being a gameadicted couchpotato, and kill, rob, rape, shoot, loot, speed and whatnot on my imaginary flatscreen TV.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home